> On 8/8/06, Julia Fischer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Here everythin from the first compiler error:
> >
> > glxcmds.c: In function `__glXBindSwapBarrierSGIX':
> > glxcmds.c:1749: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different
size
> > glxcmds.c: In function `__glxQueryHyperpipeNetworkSGIX':
> > glxcmds.c:1796: error: `xGLXQueryHyperpipeNetworkSGIXReq' undeclared
> > (first use in this function)
> > glxcmds.c:1796: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once
> > glxcmds.c:1796: error: for each function it appears in.)
> > glxcmds.c:1796: error: `req' undeclared (first use in this function)
> > glxcmds.c:1796: error: syntax error before ')' token
>
> Hmm, are you using  proprietary drivers and their implementation of
> opengl?  If so, try doing an "eselect opengl set xorg-x11", merge
> xorg-x11, then eselect opengl back to whatever you want.
>
> -Richard

I don't think that this is the problem, because of the driver in any
case become linked against xorg and not vice-versa and the error occurs
when she tries to compile x11-base/xorg-server.

But I remember that also I had weird problems when I was upgrading from
xorg-6.9 to xorg-7.0, which occurs because of suddenly some files of the
partial xorg-packages were missing even though the package was emerged.
Re-emerging of the corresponding packages was the solution. If you van't
vfigure out which packages are affected it would be the best to run
`emerge -e xorg-x11`

Regards
Sebastian Noack