On 8/9/06, THUFIR HAWAT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
     5  X Window System Version 6.8.2

Hrm, I assumed you were using the current version of x.org.  I am
betting that Knoppix is using xorg 7.0 (aka, modular X), so no, you
will not be able to use the configuration file directly without fixing
the various paths in it.  But even then, you might find that Knoppix
works better simply because it is using a current version of x.org,
and not related to the configuration at all.

So I suggest to upgrade to modular X first.  The guide can be found here:
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/x/x11/modular-x-howto.xml

-Richard