Hi,

I've been playing with encrypting my home directory using cfs and
following the instructions at

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Encrypt_Your_Home_Directory_Using_CFS

I guess it mostly works, although I've had cfsd die randomly a few
times in a couple days. It sorta bothers me that app-crypt/cfs is
almost 2 years old and is still testing (~x86). This is one of those
apps I'd prefer stable.

So, before I get to settled on using this, a few questions.

Do you encrypt your home directory?

What apps and/or combination of apps do you use, and why?

Which ciphers do you prefer? Why?

Is it well supported?

What apps and/or files don't play well with encrytion?

I'm sure I'll have more questions after I've read some more.

Thanks,
festus
--
In all the millions of years dinosaurs roamed this planet, did any of
them feel the need to invent, say, nuclear weapons?           Mickeyz