Martin Richardson wrote:
> G'Dayy all,
>       after an upgrade of baselayout, I noticed that courier-imap and
> courier-imap-ssl was not starting from the init script. I have tracked it
> down to
> the init script, as this script points to
> /usr/lib/courier-imap/gentoo-courier-imap.rc, and I can start courier-imap
> directly
> from this script but not the init script... Has anyone had this problem, or
> even
> have a solution.
> Thankyou.

Absolutely the same situation here.
I use "quick & dirty" workaround. I removed the /etc/init.d/ script so
it would be added next time there is an update and did:
echo '/scripts/imap.sh start' >> /etc/conf.d/local.start
echo '/scripts/imap.sh stop' >> /etc/conf.d/local.stop

The imap.sh reads:

#!/bin/bash
#courier-imapd-ssl temporary replacement

stop(){
        source /etc/courier-imap/imapd-ssl
        echo "Stopping courier-imapd over SSL"
        kill -TERM `cat $SSLPIDFILE`
}
start(){
        source /etc/courier-imap/imapd-ssl
        echo "Starting courier-imapd over SSL"
        exec env - /usr/lib/courier-imap/gentoo-imapd-ssl.rc
--pid=$SSLPIDFILE
        }
restart(){
        stop