On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 08:44 -0600, Jim Ramsay wrote:
> Alan Mckinnon wrote:
> > I'd like to ask for some user feedback on how well other MTAs manage
> > to talk to Exchange. It's the calendar function I'd like to have -
> > other people at work like to send me invites. I can always pop my
> > mail from exchange, and I can get imap if I ask the admin nicely so
> > the mail stuff is not important. The exchange web front end is
> > enabled so I always have the browser as a fall back, but I'd really
> > like everything in the MTA if possible.
>
> Sylpheed-claws has a 'vcalendar' plugin which reports to be compatible
> with Exchange calendar events.  I've never tried it, though.
>
> 'emerge sylpheed-claws-vcalendar'

Funny you should mention that one, I emerged it earlier today to see if
I liked it. But I got this:

gentoo portage # emerge -av sylpheed-claws-vcalendar

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild  N    ] mail-client/sylpheed-claws-vcalendar-1.29  0 kB

vcal_manager.c: In function `vcal_manager_send':
vcal_manager.c:1124: error: too few arguments to function
...[snip]...
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/var/tmp/portage/sylpheed-claws-vcalendar-1.29/work/sylpheed-claws-extra-plugins-2.0.0/vcalendar-1.29/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/var/tmp/portage/sylpheed-claws-vcalendar-1.29/work/sylpheed-claws-extra-plugins-2.0.0/vcalendar-1.29'
make: *** [all] Error 2

!!! ERROR: mail-client/sylpheed-claws-vcalendar-1.29 failed.
Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1543:   Called dyn_compile
  ebuild.sh, line 938:   Called src_compile
  ebuild.sh, line 607:   Called die

!!! emake failed
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call
stack if relevant.