Rafael,
Did you compile in support for your IDE "controller"?
Andrew

On 8/18/06, Rafael Fernández López < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I've googled and I haven't got any successfull results. I've my hard disk
as follows:

/dev/hda1 - ext2 (here will go /boot)
/dev/hda2 - swap
/dev/hda3 - ext3 (here will go /)

I've compiled gentoo-sources with NO genkernel, but manually. I've no
filesystem as modules, everything is included in kernel (as asterisk (*)).

I am getting the next error when booting:

Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown
block(0,0)

And my bootloader is grub, here is grub.conf:

default 0
hiddenmenu
timeout 5

title=Gentoo GNU/Linux
root (hd0,0)
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.17-gentoo-r5 root=/dev/hda3

I can't figure out what's going wrong... because I think that I don't need
initram because I've nothing compiled as a module.

Thank you very much,
Rafael Fernández López.

--
"A la vista de suficientes ojos todos los errores resultan evidentes" -
Linus Torvalds