I am pretty sure I have the latest firmware installed---several
versions are installed.  I'll check whether I am using the package or
the kernel-based firmware.  I may upgrade the kernel, also.  This will
take a day or so.  Thanks (again),

Alan Davis

On 8/21/06, Richard Fish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 8/21/06, Alan E. Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I suspect that ubuntu loads firmware that is incompatible with gentoo.

More likely you just don't have the right firmware installed under
gentoo.  Check the dmesg output after attempting to load the module,
and look for something about missing firmware.  It would also help us
to know if you are using the in-kernel drivers, or the external
net-wireless/ipw2200 package.

-Richard

Alan Davis, Kagman High School, Saipan  [EMAIL PROTECTED]     1-670-256-2043

I consider that the golden rule requires that if I like a program I
must share it with other people who like it.
                                         --------Richard Stallman