On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 19:55 -0700, Adrian wrote:

> Greetings all;
>
> Emerge is doing some odd things.  Most of the time it works, but when
> try to run
>
> emerge -pv world
>
> I get:
> ---------------------------------
> Mon Aug 21 19:47:13
> /usr/portage/distfiles/portage-snapshots
>  root $  emerge -pv world

> Calculating world dependencies
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/emerge", line 3440, in ?
>     if not mydepgraph.xcreate(myaction):
>   File "/usr/bin/emerge", line 1416, in xcreate

I was getting a lot of these a week or so ago. I also noted a fair
number of portage/emerge zombie processes showing up in top, and some
others that just hung for no good reason. A workaround was to make sure
no emerges were still running then 'killall emerge' and retry.

That worked. Meanwhile, since a portage update in the last few days the
bug hasn;t shown up again for me.

alan