Hi Neil,

> Do you really need such frequent syncing? Bear in mind the limited
> write
> lifespan of flash memory, if you have a file in your home directory
> that
> is frequently updated, you could wear out the memory in a short time.
> what's wrong with using a script that syncs your hard disk with the
> flash drive before unmounting it?

Mounted inside the USB enclosure is a HD.  I'll use old HD for this
purpose.  Frequently I work on at least 2 PCs running different Linux
OS.  With such a device, USB enclosure, it'll ease my work on
consolidating the working data on 2 PCs.  Otherwise I have to use a
pendrive for tranporting working data between 2 PCs.  OR compressing
them as tarball and send the latter as attachment to an email.

Tks

B.R.
SL