Hello,

I have successfully upgraded several gentoo systems, (workstations and
laptops) to xorg-x11 7.0, without incident.

On a clevo portable, I did the same thing, following:
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/x/x11/modular-x-howto.xml

During the install, it hung upon xkb so it told me to remove:
/usr/lib/X11/xkb

I did what what suggested, thinking it would get rebuilt.

I used 'equery belongs xkb' and rebuilt those packages:
x11-apps/xkbcomp  and   x11-misc/xkeyboard-config

Still in /etc/X11/xkb the symbolic link flashes red
indicated that /usr/lib/X11/xkb does not exit.

KDM will not fire up automactically. So I log
in and run 'startx' and here are the errors I get:

'failed to load module "kbd" (modules does not exist, 0)'
and
'Cannot open device /dev/input/mice No such file or dir'

On the mouse issue 'ls /dev/input' shows only this dir:
by-path

On my other xorg 7.0 systems I get this:
# ls /dev/input
event0  event1  event2  mice  mouse0  mouse1

I've hacked at this a while but not making any progress...

Ideas?

James