Hi,

After you guys get finished ROTFL, I hope someone can help me out.

I did a real "bonehead" thing.  I *hate* slotted packages.  What can I say, I'm a "neat freak".  Normally, with the exception of genkernel, if a package is going to install into a new slot, I remove the original and install fresh.  That's what I did tonight after syncing, but it was stupid.

After syncing, I was told that there was a new version of gcc and that it would be installed into a new slot.  Yes, I know that gcc is a compiler and that, without a compiler, things just don't want to compile.  However, I removed it anyway and even ignored the error message that it was part of my profile and could damage my system.

So, what's done is done.  Is there a way to fix things without having to reinstall my whole system?

Thanks in advance for your help and I hope I've given you the best laugh you've had for a while!  :-)

Colleen