Enrico Weigelt wrote:
Hi folks,

I'm currently installing xfce and I dont need several things
like calendar, print, toys, etc.
Is there any chance of selecting these compontents w/o installing
all packages by hand ?

A quick look at the ebuild shows up it's just an virtual package
pulling in the whole stuff. Perhaps we could give it some useflags to make the whole installation easier ?

cu

You can do this yourself, if you want to: simply copy the xfce meta-ebuild to your own overlay (man portage if you aren't sure how this works), and remove or comment out the packages you don't want. I do this myself to get a GNOME without evolution, epiphany, and such (gnome-light doesn't like me :(). Next time the ebuild in the tree is updated, though, you'll have to repeat the whole process again before updating, or risk returning to the full package.

HTH