On 9/4/06, Grant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 7) Note that this doesn't seem to be nearly as bad when I configure
> the machines to use the CRT output. I'm going to investigatge buying
> some sort of VGA->S-Video or Composite video converter. That may work
> better and not require all this crazy work.

Check this out:

http://www.digitalconnection.com/Products/Video/9a60.asp

I'm going to get one of those.

- Grant

Yikes - At $129 it costs half of what this Myth frontend box ran me!
Too expensive for my application, but thanks.

NOTE: I used my machines last night and this morning with the 8.28.8
ati-driver. Tearing wasn't nearly as bad as with the 8.27 series.
However this driver also seems to be giving very low frame rates. Not
much fun to watch MythTV anymore. :-(

Cheers,
Mark