> Can anybody on this list indicate what kind of stability they have seen
> with AMD64 systems using Gentoo (the AMD 64-bit binaries)?  How about
> the majority of ports in the portage tree?
>
> I realize this question will solicit relatively subjective responses,
> but I am interested in them all.

Maybe you should ask on gentoo's amd64 mailinglist?

Anyway: so the basic system was always quite stable. I never had problem
with console applications and i would use amd64 without any doubt for
server-systems.

My gnome-system was kind of unstable in the beginning. But now, after
some years, it's also very stable. But there are some problems
concerning browser-plugins. All the precompiled plugins like Java, Flash
etc. are not available for amd64-system. I don't know why, but i find
that quite ignorant.

Greetings,
  Sven