Hi,

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 08:03:48 -0700
Grant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The guy there says it won't work because a computer outputs a
> non-interlaced signal and a standard TV uses interlaced.  Basically,
> exactly what you said.  From your link, it looks like an interlaced
> signal can be specifiec in xorg.conf which should solve that problem.
> Is that right?

There might be some vga cards that can't output an interlaced signal.
But most should do pretty well. And I'm relatively sure you can't break
anything by trying it out. Take the modelines from the link I've given
and just try it out. And I did not talk about the different
synchronization behaviour (mentioned in the site I've linked, too), but
that's probably what your adapter does. So I would just give it a try.
I would do a "hot" plugin and not wait too long if there's no picture
appearing. No guarantees, though, but at that signal levels it
shouldn't hurt. People did that before...

-hwh