On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 19:04:42 +0100, Jeff Rollin wrote:

> On 07/09/06, Neil Bothwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I've read somewhere of being able to tell the system that I
> > > am not worried about packages that haven't been tested on amd64

> > It's ~amd64, not amd64~. The way to set this system-wide is to set
> > ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" in /etc/make.conf.

> Just to clarify the point: putting individual packages in
> package.keywordsor package.unmask allows you to use those individual,
> named, masked packages on a system that wouldn't normally accept them;

Yes, but it you look at the original question, as quoted above, it looks
like John wants testing packages system-wide.

> putting ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" makes the system pull in masked
> packages (rather than unmasked ones) by default.

It makes the system pull in testing keyworded packages (not hard masked
ones) but that's what was asked for. If you have more than a few packages
in /etc/portage/package.keywords, you may be better off with a completely
testing system.

--
Neil Bothwick

Why is there an expiration date on sour cream?