On 9/7/06, Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Grant wrote:
> I don't seen how these packages can be marked stable.

I switched to baselayout-1.12.4-r7 and it works fine.  I did have to
edit some config files because of some changes in the way the networks
are started and such.  It was /etc/conf.d/net that I had to edit.  May
want to check into that to be sure it is not your problem.

Grant,

I would say posting your /etc/conf.d/net file would be useful.  This
would be particularly true if you missed this warning:

       if sed -e 's/#.*//' ${ROOT}/etc/conf.d/net 2>/dev/null \
               | egrep -q
'\<(ifconfig|aliases|broadcasts|netmasks|inet6|ipaddr|iproute)_'; then
                       echo
                       ewarn "You are using deprecated variables in
${ROOT}/etc/conf.d/net"
                       ewarn
                       ewarn "You are advised to review the new
configuration variables as"
                       ewarn "found in ${ROOT}/etc/conf.d/net.example
as there is no"
                       ewarn "guarantee that they will work in future
versions."
                       echo
       fi

-Richard