On Fri, 2006-09-08 at 16:18 +0000, James wrote:

> > Hi James,
> > Did you tried passing some ON/OFF options when booting with
> > install-minimal-2006.1 (i mean "gentoo acpi=off doscsi etc.)
> > HTH.Rumen
>
> Hi Rumen,
>
> I used gentoo-nofb for the kernel option but no other
> (removal) options.
>
> OK, I'll  give it a whirl, using x86-minimal-2006.1.iso
>
> OK, looking at:
> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/2006.1/handbook-x86.xml?part=1&chap=2
>
> Do have you any specific suggestions?
>
> acpi=off
> noload= ?????????
>
> noX
>
> ?????
>
> James
Hi James,
Quite no experience (no need) with kernel-boot options, but just some
suggestions:
acpi=off
doapm (requires acpi=off) - IMHO optional
hda=stroke (older BIOS hard-disk handling)
ide=nodma (just to be safe when installing)
noapic (caused problems on older HW)
nodetect (skip any errors while detecting HW) - have to know all your HW
check other noXXXX options, which only disable selected features
nolapic
scandelay
scandelay=X (X seconds)
All the options are in install disk root's dir in README.txt
HTH.Rumen