On Saturday 09 September 2006 20:21, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 15:03:58 -0400
> By the time he went to bed it was running and he'd been on the net using
> firefox and checked that runescape (online java game) worked. By the
> time I got up this morning he was setting up his RSS feeds in kontact
> and configuring various other bits.
Heck yeah!  If everyone knew about Kontact.......  I demo it and KStars every
chance I get.

> Pretty good I thought. Not sure whether it says something about Miles,
> or about SuSE's ease of installation (probably both). He has used linux
> before, and is pretty computer literate (gaining a "High Distinction"
> in an international exam, batting against kids 2 years older), but
> neither those exams nor school do much to prepare you for installing a
> different OS.
We've come a long way in the last 6 years.  I think even further than the
proceeding years.  Suse 10.1 is really a landmark.  I say that from my Gentoo
installation, but they really did something right with that release.
--
Zac Slade
[EMAIL PROTECTED]