Hi Guys,

Well, finally!  Thanks, again, to everyone who assisted with this
problem yesterday.  As previously stated, I finally got an xorg.conf
file that worked and would allow me to use full screen mode for some of
the games that I play.

However, as of my last post yesterday, I still didn't have 3D
Acceleration working.  What can I say?  Sometimes, I'm a creature of
habit and since I am used to ati-drivers, I tried installing that.  The
driver installed fine, but no matter what I did, I couldn't get direct
rendering to work and whenever, I logged into KDE, the K Tip of the Day
would not display and my system froze.

Finally, today I trusted what I should have trusted in the first place -
the open source x11-drm package.  Only problem here is that the stable
ebuild would not build so I had to unmask the unstable package.

The end result was all good though - I have 3D Acceleration working
*and* with open source drivers, so, I'm happy.

Now on to some actual productive work!  :-)

Take care.

Colleen

--

Registered Linux User #411143 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org