On 9/12/06, David Talkington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Obediently, albeit with trepidation, I added nptl and nptlonly to my USE
flags and restarted the emerge.  The immediate result was a complaint
that CHOST was incorrect, and that <= i686 was required.  Indeed, I
found that CHOST="i386-pc-linux-gnu", and corrected it to be
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu".  I then re-ran the emerge, resulting in this:

Yeah, you cannot just simply change CHOST.  It is a very fundamental
system setting.

You should search the archives of this list first.  But specifically read:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/169677
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/169844

-Richard