On Wednesday 13 September 2006 15:15, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:

> You are missing /etc/profile. Only thing this requires is the file is
> located in /etc/profile.d, ends on .sh and is readable and sourceable
> by the user. Probably just a permissions problem.

This is strange: my /etc/profile doesn't have any references
to /etc/profile.d (that's why I wrote the previous email).

In the past, I used to customize that file a lot, so at some point I
probably told etc-update to keep my version.

Indeed, looking at /etc/profile on another box, I found
the /etc/profile.d stuff.

Thanks for the correction.