On Wednesday 13 September 2006 05:27, Dale wrote:
> Mick wrote:

> > With these USE flags in place I do not have gnome on my system:
> >
> > -eds -esd -gnome -gtk
> >
> > Proof:
> > # equery l gnome
> > [ Searching for package 'gnome' in all categories among: ]
> >  * installed packages
> > #
>
> Cool.  I need to mark this one important so I can find it again.  Do you
> notice anything missing like in OOo, Mozilla/Seamonkey or anything like
> that??

Nothing that is apparent from the small exposure that I have had to the Gnome
DE (mostly on FreeBSD).  If you prefer the GTK2 icons on OOo instead of KDE
you can specify that in your .bashrc and OOo will be launched with the
desired GUI.

PS. I have not used Seamonkey so far, but Mozilla suite and FF look and behave
identically (both with source compiles and bin ebuilds).
--
Regards,
Mick