Where does emerge --info retrieve compiler information?

I am in the middle of trying to upgrade to gcc-4.1.1, and wanted to
file a bug report on some packages that is failing (which worked with
gcc-3.4.6), and I did emerge --info and saw:

Portage 2.1.2_pre1 (default-linux/x86/2006.0, gcc-3.4.6/vanilla

Why doesn't it say gcc-4.1.1?

Thanks,

Willie
--
"`...and the Universe,' continued the waiter, determined
not to be deflected on his home stretch, `will explode

- Ford in paradise.
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 24 days, 13:37