So far this looks OK. However, if I go into the CUPS manager on the
client and try to print a test page it's telling me the printer is not
available.

Any ideas? I guess you can print a test page from within the CUPS
manager on the client?

I never tried to print a test page from the client CUPS manager, but I
could print from the webbrowser which is what I was going for.  I
personally can't even get to the CUPS manager in the client machine
since the Listen localhost:631 has been commented out so there is no
manager to get to.

Your seeing the printer though.  That's a start.