On Tuesday 19 September 2006 13:51, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> Neil Bothwick wrote:
> > Have you set the dns_domain in conf.d/net?
>
> I have tried this and it does NOT work.

Yes, I have made several attempts to set it up in the /etc/conf.d/net, inc.:

dns_domain="STUDY"
dns_domain_lo="STUDY"
dns_domainname="STUDY"
dns_domain_name="STUDY"
domain_name="STUDY"
domainname="STUDY"

as well as:

nis_domain="STUDY"
nis_domain_lo="STUDY"
nis_domain_name . . .
. . . etc

and then probably some other expletives that currently elude me.  :p

> >> I'm afraid it gives nothing!
> >
> > It sounds like dns_domain is not set.
>
> Considering that I have tried it ... I know it not to work, so I have
> little doubt that he tried it himself.  This isn't hard to reproduce
> guys ....
>
> Tom

I seem to be at a loss as to how to set it up.  Please tell me, should I have
a /etc/conf.d/domainname under the current baselayout, or not.  Could it be
that this is causing confusion in my system?
--
Regards,
Mick