On Sunday 24 September 2006 17:33, Sergio Polini wrote:
> I need your help ;-)
> I've switched to modular X and gcc-4.1.1, and I've lost DRI :-(

--snip--

> Any hints?
>
> Thanks
> Sergio

Which kernel? Here, running 2.6.18, I compile the kernel drm, agpgart and
ati-agp. I then emerge x11-drm. In /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 I add;
agpgart, ati-agp, drm then radeon. In that specific order. Also, run eselect
opengl and be sure xorg-x11 is selected.

Now, I found it necessary to reboot the machine to reload everything in
correct order, before dri would work. It works pretty well too.

Cheers.  Jerry