On Sunday 24 September 2006 19:16, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
> On Sunday 24 September 2006 23:05, Jerry McBride wrote:
> > Well... it's time I revisited my /etc/portage/bashrc file, now that
> > Portage 2.1 is vogue. My old bashrc doesn't work anymore and things have
> > changed sufficiently with 2.1 that I need some help... documentation.
> >
> > Would anyone happen to know where the API for Portage 2.1, that explains
> > the new hook framework layout?
>
> I'm not sure such documentation exists... What do you want to do?

I had a bash script that would simply delete the archives downloaded to
distfiles,  after the emerge completed. Really a  handy thing to have,
managed my distfiles automaticly. It doesn't work anymore since the upgrade
to portage 2.1.x.

I could fix it, but the hooks have either moved or have been eliminated in
favor of some other mechanism. Hence my need for documentation or tips...

Jerry