quoth the Paul Stear:
> Hi all,
> I have a new install of xine on an amd64 system.
>
> I have a new dvd (Silent Hill) that starts and then errors with the
> following:-
> The source seems encrypted, and can't be read.  Your DVD is probably
> crypted. According to your country laws, you can or can't install/use
> libdvdcss to be able to read this disc, which you bought. (Media stream
> scrambled/encrypted)

Hi. Every once in a while I run into a DVD that libdvdcss can't crack, and
thus gives the error you have posted. It is typically rare (maybe 2 DVDs out
of 250+). I don't know why, but perhaps the DVDs use some other encryption
method that libdvdcss can't crack...

I just watch those ones on my TV.

-d