> I'm trying to set up a wireless card in my new system.  I'm using a
> card of the same model that is working in an older system of mine.
> The only significant difference between them is the new system is
> amd64 and the old one is x86.  When I try to 'modprobe ath_pci', I get
> about 60 "Unknown symbol" errors like:
>
> wlan: Unknown symbol wireless_send_event
> ath_rate_sample: Unknown symbol ether_sprintf
> ath_pci: Unknown symbol ieee80211_encap
>
> Does this make sense to anyone or should I file a bug?
>
> - Grant

Grant,
   Hi. What kernel are you running?

   Check that your /usr/src/linux link is pointing at the right kernel.

- Mark

Hi Mark,

I'm running 2.6.16-hardened-r11 and I have:

/usr/src/linux -> linux-2.6.16-hardened-r11

These 64 bits are starting to get me down.  Can I run an x86 system
with this AMD Sempron64 3000+ CPU?

- Grant