2006/10/5, Hans-Werner Hilse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Hi,

On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 20:47:18 +0200
"José González Gómez" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Unfortunately I'm not "responsible" for making these connections. I'm using
> Maven (http://maven.apache.org/) to deploy some files to my server. Maven
> seems to use a different ssh connection for every operation it does (check
> for current version deployed, read metadata, copy several files to remote
> server...). I'll write to the Maven list to ask about this, maybe there is
> some way to slow down or reuse connections.

Ah, I see. Well, that's easy to overcome by a SSH-via-SSH tunnel :-)
Just make an initial connection like this:

$ ssh -L22222:127.0.0.1:22 vhost.isp.org

and then either use 127.0.0.1:22222 as ssh target host, or configure a
section in your ~/.ssh/config for the tunneled access to the host, e.g.
---snip
Host tunneledvhost
HostName 127.0.0.1
Port 22222
---snip
and then just use "tunneledvhost" to connect to.

Great!!! Man, I've got to write down this in my trick book :o)

I'm using Windows at work (yeah, I know) and putty instead of ssh, but I've done port forwarding before with putty, so I guess I'll have no problem.

Thank you very very much, best regards
Jose