Iain Buchanan <iaindb <at> netspace.net.au> writes:

> and you see this:
> > usb 2-1: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to ttyUSB0

Hello Ian,

> which is strange cause I also see /dev/ttyUSB0...

> did you actually manually check for the device /dev/ttyUSB0?
Yes
> apart from that, I'm not sure what could be wrong...

Well, I did major surgery on a new kernel for the USB
stuff. Not sure what fixed it but now it works. I have
most everthing statically compiled into the kernel for
USB and it works.  The next time I build a kernel for
this machine, I'll try and make it loadable.

I'm going to be adding a second device, so I can use the
portable to sniff all sorts of legacy(proprietary)
RS232 protocols.........

James