> DSA is mathematically stronger than RSA.  However, that doesn't mean much
> since most attacks don't come from attacking the core of the algorithm
> anyway.

Do you mean that an RSA key with twice the number of bits (e.g. 2048 or even
higher) is still weaker (i.e. easier to crack) than the DSA key?  I know it's
all psychological, but in my paranoid state it'll make me feel
better . . .  :))

I think what he means is that for a given key length, 1024bits in this
case, the DSA key is, mathematically speaking, a stronger key. RSA has
the advantage of allowing longer key lengths which makes RSA a
stronger key, if you use >1024bits key length.

But as he also pointed out, most hackers try to find other areas of
weakness to exploit so the key strength becomes moot in that case.

-Andrew Kay