On Tue, 2006-10-10 at 09:02 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 October 2006 01:11, b.n. wrote:
> > I should be using a fully hw-accelerated Xorg, however. I have an ATI
> > Radeon 9200se card with the following options:
>
> I have the same card, but I don't have the problems you are having
> >
> > [...]
> > Section "Device"
> >
> >      #VideoRam    131072
> >      # Insert Clocks lines here if appropriate
> >          Identifier  "** ATI Radeon (generic)               [radeon]"
> >          Driver      "radeon"
>
> That's the open source driver, you get 2D acceleration, but not 3D.
> For 3D you need to emerge ati-drivers and use the fglrx driver

actually the open source radeon driver support for 3D is getting better
all the time!

As of x11-base/x11-drm-20060608 there is support for the 9600 (RV350
based) which there never was before.

In fact, x11-drm gives me FASTER frame rates that fglrx 8.29.6!!  That's
right, FASTER!  *woot*

anyway, I'm off to try composite :)

For fast-acting relief, try slowing down.