On 10/11/06, Alan McKinnon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wednesday 11 October 2006 18:00, maxim wexler wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> One of my morning chores after booting linux is to su
> and enter #mknod /dev/ppp c 108 0 and #chmod a+rw
> /dev/parport0.
>
> Where can I park these commands to automate the
> process?

Another alternative to creating a script to automatically do what
you're asking is to set the following flag to "yes" in conf.d/rc. The
comments are pretty self explainatory.

---
# UDEV OPTION:
# Set to "yes" if you want to save /dev to a tarball on shutdown
# and restore it on startup.  This is useful if you have a lot of
# custom device nodes that udev does not handle/know about.

RC_DEVICE_TARBALL="no"
---

-Andrew