On 10/18/06, Liviu Andronic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 10/17/06, fei huang < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm not sure, but have a look at your locale settings.. good luck
I currently have LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 and LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8 set in /etc/env.d/02locale. And I have the appropriate env variables.

I don't have that file, note that not all applications support UTF-8 yet, don't know where the characters are being displayed, try other applications, type 'locale' to see what exactly the current locale is.

one thing, you'll be better off with a empty LC_ALL , but en.US.UTF-8 for you LANG.

good luck

Does anyone know which variable might affect displaying fonts - in general - or unicode characters - in particular?

daniel

--
Liviu