On Thu, 19 Oct 2006, Darren Kirby wrote:

> Quoth the Bo Ørsted Andresen
> > On Wednesday 18 October 2006 23:35, Darren Kirby wrote:
> >
> > Actually it doesn't assume anything. It simply means that you accept any
> > package that includes the ~x86 keyword..
>
> Sheesh. Sorry for the passive tense.
>
> In what I wrote above: "media-sound/dir2ogg ~x86", as it pertains to the task
> Max needs to do to get a newer version, I am assuming Max is running an x86
> ARCH...

I think he was trying to point out that ~x86 will give you a newer version
of dir2ogg even if you're running PPC or something else. It's not a good
idea, because it could give you a known-broken-on-PPC version that's in
testing for x86 (if there were such a version) or not give you a testing
version for PPC known to be broken on x86, but portage doesn't
fundamentally care whether your keywords actually make any sense together.

        -Daniel
*This .sig left intentionally blank*