I have mine off.  However, you should see which packages you have
installed that would take advantage of it before you turn it off globally.

Grant wrote:
> Do you guys leave the berkdb USE flag on?  It seems to be a default
> flag, but I've been using -berkdb in make.conf ever since I started
> using Gentoo.  Is it basically a better way for lots of different
> packages to manage their databases?
>
> - Grant

Does anyone else have a comment on this?  Does turning on berkdb
increase the performance of the applications that can utilize it, with
the downside of another package on the system?  How about gdbm?

- Grant