Hi,

I am trying to keep my new install nice and clean, nothing useless
lurking around.  I run emerge -p --depclean world on occasion and I
finally got this one:

>  sci-libs/fftw
>     selected: 3.0.1-r2
>    protected: none
>      omitted: none

> Packages installed:   814
> Packages in world:    228
> Packages in system:   56
> Unique package names: 814
> Required packages:    813
> Number to remove:     1
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] / #

So I did a little research, to make sure it was really not used by
anything.  This is what I got:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] / # equery depends fftw
> [ Searching for packages depending on fftw... ]
> media-libs/libsamplerate-0.1.2
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] / # equery depends libsamplerate
> [ Searching for packages depending on libsamplerate... ]
> media-sound/audacious-1.1.2-r1
> media-libs/akode-2.0.1
> app-cdr/k3b-0.12.17
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] / #

So it seems libsamplerate needs fftw, and a few things need
libsamplerate.  So if removing fftw breaks libsamplerate then could that
lead to the ones needing libsamplerate breaking to?  Sounds like
dominoes falling to me.

My question is this, is it safe to remove fftw?   I am learning here.
See how much research I did before coming here?  I haven't removed it
yet either.

Thanks

Dale

:-)  :-)