> The source directory should point to...well...the package sources.
> That is, wherever you extracted the sources to.  Pointing them to
> /usr/lib/postgresql is only valid if you extracted the sources there.
> If you extracted them to your home directory for example, you would
> point to the directory there.  Most likely this will the same
> directory where the Makefile is located.

Richard, thanks for your reply.  I believe that PGSQL must point to the
postgresql source
directory.  I am not sure where these sources are since I used emerge to build
PostgreSQL.  I
can't remember if emerge removes the sources when it completes its processing.
Do you have any
suggestions for me to find/re-add these directories?

However, I did try your suggest by pointing the PGSQL to the source directory
for pg_filedump:
# PGSQL MUST POINT TO pgsql SOURCE DIRECTORY
#PGSQL=../../../../postgres/pgsql
PGSQL=/home/richard/work/pg_filedump-8.1

However, I am still getting the same error as before:
 make
make: *** No rule to make target
`/home/richard/work/pg_filedump-8.1/src/backend/utils/hash/pg_crc.c', needed by
`pg_crc.o'.  Stop.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.