Walter Dnes wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 28, 2006 at 07:18:04PM +0200, Harm Geerts wrote
>

> I consider "Super eye-candy interface" and "Funky visualisations" as
> insults against a program.  The amarok website is ***BRAGGING*** about
> them.  I am obviously not their target market.

Obviously, I *am* amaroK's target market, because I *love* it.

>> Amarok is not a replacement, amarok is an alternative, which is
>> exactly what this thread is about.

I agree with this statement 'cause what I use xmms for I can't do in
amarok, and that is to play 'mod' files.

I took someone's suggestion and tried 'audacious'.  This was because the
package database said something about a 'pending removal' which I
interpreted to mean that xmms was being removed from the package database.

Despite the fact that I built audacious with 'modplug', which I assumed
(maybe wrongly) had something to do with playing 'mod' files, I couldn't
get it to play mod files.

So, I removed 'audacious' and reinstalled xmms. I unmasked (by
commenting the line out) xmms-1.2.10-r15, which is what I had been using
since approximately mid-August, with no problems with what I use it for.
 Granted, this version was masked by ~x86 keyword when I originally
installed it in August.

Anyway, with respect to the subject line, if my interpretation is
correct and xmms is being removed from the package list, what can I use
to play 'mod' files?

Regards,

Colleen

--