Jacob Klitmøller wrote:
> Hi
>
> Since Gnome 2.14 is marked stable I thought to upgrade :-)
>
> However when I try to emerge gnome I get
>
> [blocks B     ] www-client/seamonkey (is blocking www-client/mozilla-1.7.13)
>
> or the other way around (mozilla blocking seamonkey) - trying to /etc
> /portage/package.mask is of no use since both is required. I have also
> tried fiddeling fith USE, but with no luck.
>
> How do I resolve this and get gnome 2.14 emerged?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jacob

Use emerge -uDpt to give a tree so you can see what package is pulling
in mozilla.

Mozilla has become Seamonkey, it might be that you need to remove
Mozilla to allow the updated ebuild (and name change) to take effect.

I have noticed there is one package (gtk-sharp i think) that still
depends on Mozilla instead of Seamonkey, I have just created a temp
ebuild, a copy of the original with the mozilla to seamonkey change and
stuck it in my overlay.

Hope that helps

--
Tim Igoe
http://tim.igoe.me.uk - Personal Site

"Computers are like Air-con, open windows and they stop working!"