Hi,

I've been using metalog for a long time. I like its way of config where
you can set diff dirs for each service in an easy way:

Mail :

  facility = "mail"
  logdir   = "/var/log/mail"

But its syntax is not "standard":

metalog:
Nov 10 12:30:00 [postfix/smtpd]

syslog-ng
Nov 10 12:58:10 afrodita postfix/pipe[27313]

and awstats does not read postfix logs correctly (neither pflogsumm.pl)

So, two questions:

1.-) Does anyone know how to change metalog syntax? I asked it to
metalog ML, two weeks ago, but I had no reply... Forums are
unmaintened...

2.-) What other log service do u recommend?

May I create diff dirs for each service with syslog-nd?

Thanks in advance.

--
Arnau Bria
http://blog.emergetux.net