Hi All,

For some years now I have saved my passwords and other rather critical login
data and information as database file on a Psion pda.  The file is encrypted
and decrypted using a Psion application called FreeCrypt.  FreeCrypt uses an
RC4 algorithm to encrypt the data.

As the hardware is approaching the end of its useful life I wanted to move
away from my dependence on Psion, or use another method in parallel.  I have
of course gpg on my laptop, but I am concerned that I will be keeping both my
private key and the encrypted file on the same machine.

What would you suggest I should use bearing in mind that simplicity and use of
default linux tools would be most preferable, commensurate with as high a
degree of security as possible.
--
Regards,
Mick