Holas!

I recently bought a Dell Inspiron e1505 laptop.  I purposely got an Intel 3945
wireless card installed, because I read that it was more linux friendly than
the dell wireless card.

I emerge'd  ipw3945, but can't get it to work.  I get an error

error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A)
Operation not supported

when I run
# iwconfig eth1 key "26 hex character key"

when trying to set the the encryption key for my home network.  I'm certainly
not going to turn off WEP encryption, so I need to fix this.
I've got a crappy 6 year old computer using a pcmcia and the airo module that
has no issues at all.  I used the same /etc/conf.d/wireless file, so that
essid, key, etc, were all from a working setup.

I'm sure that I'm doing something so simply wrong, that the 4 hour delay to
figure out that /dev/sda6 requires scsi sata drivers built into the kernel,
will make this seem stupid.

It's currently off building KDE/X on the only available wired jack in the
house (who thought I'd ever need 13 switch connections?), so if I mis-typed
something, I apologize.  Please ask.

Thanks.

Peter
--
  The scene is dull. Tell him to put more life into his dying.
  -Samuel Goldwyn