On Tuesday 31 October 2006 15:36, Andrey wrote:
> Hi, guys!
> my dmesg:
> SMsC IrDA Controller found
>  IrCC version 2.0, firport 0x100, sirport 0x3e8 dma=2, irq=3
> smsc_ircc_set_sir_speed(), Setting speed to: 9600
> No transceiver found. Defaulting to Fast pin select
> IrDA: Registered device irda0

Make sure that the IrDA device is switched on/enabled in the BIOS.  Then
modprobe -v smsc_ircc2

> Then I start /etc/init.d/irda:
>  * Starting IrDA ...                                             [ ok ]
> dmesg:
> ircomm_tty_attach_cable()
> ircomm_tty_ias_register()
> sirdev_get_instance - ircomm0
> irtty_open - ircomm0: irda line discipline opened
> irlap_change_speed(), setting speed to 9600
>
> After it I run irda on my phone (nokia 7210).
> But kppp says me that "Modem busy" (Device = /dev/ircomm0 )
> What am I doing wrong?
> What else should I do?
> Thanks!

If you still have problems it could be a matter of some other service/app
claiming your serial port, in which case you will need to use setserial to
disassociate it, before modprobing the driver for your device.  Please post
back with results.
--
Regards,
Mick