Rafael Barrera Oro wrote:
Hello! here is my grub.conf in order to compare, the only thing that i notice is missing is the initrd line, i am no Linux expert either so maybe that is not a must have. Anyway, my machine works, so i hope you can comparte this file to yours and find out whats missing, hope it helps.

default 0
timeout 30
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
title=Gentoo Linux
root (hd0,0)
kernel /kernel-genkernel-x86_64-2.6.17-gentoo-r5 root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc ramdisk=8192 real_root=/dev/hda3
initrd /initramfs-genkernel-x86_64-2.6.17-gentoo-r5

Hi Rafael,

Thanks for your reply :)

I actually managed to get it up and running. Turns out my grub.conf was good, but was missing my IDE chipset in the kernel. With a bit of playing around I managed to get it up and running.

Thanks again for trying to help though, I appreciate it!