On Monday 13 November 2006 14:22, Uwe Thiem wrote:
> On 13 November 2006 14:44, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
> > On Sunday 12 November 2006 21:40, Jesús Guerrero wrote:
> > > I never trusted prelink. So, I dont trust it to un-prelink either.
> > >
> > > The best way to make sure your binaries are not altered by 3rd party
> > > tools is this:
> > >
> > > emerge -euD world
> >
> > This is slightly amusing. Remerging every package while prelink is still
> > installed will use prelink again...
>
> Only if PRELINKING in /etc/conf.d/prelink is set to "yes". I prefer to do
> my prelinking myself, so I set it to "no" - and emerge keeps its hand off
> prelink.

Yes, I missed that. Portage just adds to the list of locations
in /etc/prelink.conf that should be prelinked if PRELINKING is set to yes.
And during unmerge is runs prelink --undo as already mentioned. So if
PRELINKING is set to yes then setting it to no is actually all that is
required:

# head -n 4 /etc/conf.d/prelink
# Set this to no to disable prelinking altogether
# (if you change this from yes to no prelink -ua
# will be run next night to undo prelinking)
PRELINKING=yes

And if it is set to no then `prelink -ua` is sufficient to undo manual
prelinking.

--
Bo Andresen