Hi all,

another OT post, but then this list is getting pretty good with that
sort of thing!

I'm playing around with a new printer at work (Xerox Document Center
C360).  It's a bit of a monster, but it does have some good features.

Anyway, I'm wondering what protocol I should use to talk to it? I did a
port scan and found these ports open:

  80 http
 111 sunrpc
 139 netbios-ssn
 515 printer
 631 ipp
1025 ?
1605 ?

I've so far tried printing via a samba share on our server, which seems
to work; and direct using ipp, which worked.

My question is really what's the difference?  Are some features
supported better on some protocols? Are some faster / less resource
intensive?

I'm using cups and gimp-print to get the driver for it.

I'd appreciate any info. Thanks!

Let's do it.
                -- Gary Gilmore, to his firing squad