On Tue, 14 Nov 2006, timothy johnson wrote:

Joe, I have tried this and got the same results

On 11/14/06, Flophouse Joe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

 On Tue, 14 Nov 2006, timothy johnson wrote:

>  mount 10.250.107.10:/home /mnt/pdc1Home
>  returns
>  mount: 10.250.107.10:/home failed, reason given by server: Permission
 denied
> > /etc/exports
>  /home   (no_root_squash,rw)

 Try explicitly listing the IP address of the host(s) that need to be
 able to mount this filesystem.  man exports(5) will give you the
 details, but you'd probably want something like the following:

 /etc/exports:
         /home   192.168.1.100(no_root_squash,rw)

I'm going out on a limb here, but it's worth asking if the spacing in
/etc/exports is "sane".  It's notoriously easy to misconfigure NFS due
to an errant space, as whitespace is significant in exports(5).

        /home   192.168.1.100(no_root_squash,rw)

means something very different from

        /home   192.168.1.100 (no_root_squash,rw)

So, is it possible that there's a misplaced space, anywhere on the line?

You might also get a "sanity check" with the command exportfs(8).  This
will parse your /etc/exports as NFS sees it and report back to you how
NFS interprets it.

If those don't turn up any leads, then I don't immediately have any
ideas that spring out.

If you're going into sanity check mode, it never hurts to temporarily throw out your firewall rulesets on each machine (but I don't really see how that could be an issue in this case).

Joe